Recognizing VITA Awareness Day 2016
- CFED’s “How Tax Time Issues Impact Low-Wage Workers Nationwide” policy forum explored the challenges and potential solutions to address concerns of lower-income taxpayers.
- The United Way shared the importance of VITA and why a day dedicated to raising awareness about the service is necessary.
- New York City’s Department of Consumer Affairs launched the “NYC Free Tax Prep at Work Initiative” to integrate free tax preparation services, like VITA, into the workplace.
- The United Way of King County celebrated how its Free Tax Preparation Campaign has helped residents build financial stability for more than 13 years, returning $27 million to 19,900 taxpayers in 2015.
- KGNS, a local news channel in South Texas, ran a news story highlighting the many benefits of VITA and how to get help.
What did you do? Share your VITA Awareness Day activities with us.
Recent Blog Posts
During this one-hour training, the Financial Clinic’s team will review the fundamentals of financial coaching, discuss strategies for incorporating coaching in your day to day work, and highlight how coaching…
Yes, you can still file taxes without a W-2 or 1099. Here's how.