Why Host a Taxathon NOW?
This next tax season promises new tax forms, tax law changes, and uncertainty. A Taxathon provides an opportunity to establish your tax site as a resource for the community during the confusion.
A taxathon is a tax filing event that can help you serve more clients, promote your tax site, and generate media coverage early in the tax season. Taxathons can establish enthusiasm and momentum at tax sites to carry you through the tax season.
Presenters share benefits of hosting a Taxathon and how to:
- Position your tax site as a trusted resource during tax reform
- Plan key Taxathon elements and manage site flow
- Organize Taxathons on a budget and with limited capacity
- Establish and enhance partnerships
- Message your Taxathon to staff, volunteers, partners, sponsors, media, and the community
- Andrea Kiepe, Prepare + Prosper – St. Paul, MN
- Brittany Sims, Louisville Asset Building Coalition – Louisville, KY
- Kelly Wagoner, The Piton Foundation – Denver, CO
To help support your Taxathon planning efforts, our presenters have put together toolkits and other materials:
- Toolkit for Large Model Taxathons (Prepare and Prosper)
- Toolkit for Medium Model Taxathons (Piton Foundation)
- Toolkit for Small Model Taxathons (Louisville Asset Building Coalition)
- Printable Photobooth props
- Media Tips and Talking points
You can also download these Taxathon materials (Compressed/Zipped folder).
Recent Blog Posts
Saving money shouldn’t be complicated. Tax time provides a unique opportunity to encourage clients to save more money by splitting their refund.
This next tax season promises new tax forms, tax law changes, and uncertainty. A Taxathon provides an opportunity to establish your tax site as a resource for the community during…