A major city is designating over $1 million to raise EITC awareness, a study finds more people plan to save their tax refunds, and states without state EITCs have higher rates of poverty.
- A recent study finds that states without a state-level EITC have the highest amount of income inequality.
- Philadelphia spent over $1 million to raise EITC awareness. Marketplace features the story of Philadelphia resident Roslyn Sanders, who ignored the EITC on tax form for years when she filed her own taxes.
- It’s been 25 years since the federal tipping wage was raised to $2.13 an hour. The One Fair Wage campaign is a national movement with the goal of establishing a living wage for tipped workers.
- New America Media features Lam Hon Man and Ya Ling to demonstrate how the new refundable California EITC helps the lives low-income workers.
- A new study finds that almost 50 percent of people expecting to claim a tax return refund plan on putting the money towards emergency savings.