Tax preparation for rideshare drivers can be difficult to navigate. Taxpayers often do not know that they are self-employed and are not aware of the impact driving full time or as a “side hustle” can have on their tax returns.
The Get It Back Campaign and CASH Campaign of Maryland created Roadmap to Rideshare Taxes, a comprehensive tax resource, to support this population. The training covers:
- Ways to use this resource
- Specific tools to assist drivers
- Promotional materials that your VITA/TCE site can use
We recommend watching last year’s training, Rideshare Taxes: What Your Tax Volunteers Should Know for the basics.
Links mentioned in training:
- How Do Rideshare (Uber and Lyft) Drivers Pay Taxes?
- How Do Uber and Lyft Drivers Count Income?
- Tax Deductions for Rideshare (Uber and Lyft) Drivers
- How to Claim the Standard Mileage Deduction
- Actual Car and Truck Expense Tax Deductions
- Quarterly Estimated Payments Due Dates
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Filing Rideshare (Uber or Lyft) Taxes