This Week’s Must-Read: Oregon’s New Statewide Retirement Savings Plan
Oregon prepares a statewide retirement savings plan, the governor of Massachusetts reverses his support for an Airbnb tax that would expand the state’s EITC, and the U.S. ranks ninth in raising kids.
- The state of Oregon is preparing to offer a retirement savings plan to 1 million workers who lack options through their employment.
- David Slade of The Post and Courier lays out the three big federal tax breaks for higher education costs.
- Governor Baker of Massachusetts has reversed his initial support for an Airbnb tax to expand the EITC. The Governor is missing out on a creative solution that lifts up Massachusetts’s working poor.
- Both higher wages and building savings – two sides of financial stability that have historically been at odds – need to be championed to achieve a common goal of economic security that lasts a lifetime.
- A Save the Children report ranks the U.S. ninth out of 19 developed countries on creating the best environment for child well-being. The nation needs to do more to tackle income inequality so that all children benefit from the economic growth of the largest economy in the world.
Recent Blog Posts
If you are a Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival (DACA) recipient or a non-citizen US resident, and have earnings from work, you may be required to file a tax return and pay taxes on your earnings. However,…
Check out Charlene's story on why VITA works.