Organizing a Taxathon Recording
Are you looking for a different way to get the word out about your tax filing program? A taxathon is a tax filing event that can help you promote your tax site AND achieve other goals for your program early in the tax season.
A taxathon can:
- Generate earned and social media attention
- Attract new clients, especially those eligible for the EITC, early in the tax season
- Increase the number of community members served
- Provide tax prep volunteers additional practice early in the tax season
- Incorporate more fun into tax filing
Learn firsthand from different sized VITA programs about their experiences hosting this type of event, and how you can start planning your own.
Here’s the recording in case you missed it:
We encourage you to join us for a Taxathon Planning Support Session. Please email us if you’re interested in participating and weren’t able to attend the live training.
Date: Thursday, September 14, 2017
Time: 3:00 – 4:00 PM ET/ 2:00 – 3:00 CT
- Talk through your ideas with people who have hosted successful taxathons
- Get feedback on your draft materials
- Connect with others who commit to hold a taxathon in 2018
Recent Blog Posts
Last year, we created a video to explain (in simple terms) what the EITC is, why it matters, and the impact it has on millions of Americans. This year, we…
Now that the summer’s over, it’s time to start preparing for the tax season in earnest. The outreach and planning work you’ve done over the summer are great building blocks…